Now let us retrace our steps to 1815, when meetings of the Trustees began, and from which year the Minutes have been entered in the proper books to the present time. There is nothing of striking interest in these records, which are concerned with the almspeople and their troubles, the school and its masters working with and against the Trustees. The buildings fell into disrepair, and it was not till 1842 that the funds were obtained to put them into proper condition. It appears that the Northern and Eastern Railway had infringed the Marsh Rights of the inhabitants of Walthamstow, and as compensation they gave the sum of £450. After paying expenses there was a residue of £429, and this was appropriated to put the Monoux building in substantial repair. The work was of a conservative character, and nothing further of importance was done till a few years ago, when the roofs were re-tiled and new and incongruous casement windows were inserted, in lieu of the old diamond-paned windows.
When the Charity Enquiry of 1832 was held, it was found that eight of the alms- houses were for men and five for women. The inmates received their annual payments from a sum of £99 6s. 9d., besides gifts of coals and bread. It will thus be seen that other Charities had been left for the Monoux almsfolk, and their position was considerably improved at later dates, when there were new schemes for the administration of Charities in Walthamstow.